Our Super Medics® Basic Life Support course covers the core basics in how to contact the emergency services and practical, hands-on, experience of how to follow our DRS ABC protocol:
D – Danger
R – Response
S – Shout for Help
A – Airway
B – Breathing
C – CPR / Call for an Ambulance
The course also includes:
- What should be in the contents of a First Aid kit.
- A practical, hands-on, session to gain confidence in the us a defibrillator (AED).
- How to help an unresponsive casualty, who is breathing normally.
- How to place a casualty in the Recovery Position.
- How to help a person who is choking.
- The differences in helping adults, children & babies.
Duration: Approx. 3 hours
Location: Any safe, suitable venue
Max Learners: Ideally 1:16,
with a maximum of 1 instructor to 32 children
Certification: A personalised certificate of attendance will be provided.
Handouts: A copy of the Super Medics book will be provided to each child.
Booking a Super Medics course
2020 National Curriculum Requirements
All our Super Medics courses not only meet, but exceed, the requirements of the new 2020 National Curriculum Requirements for Personal, social, health and economic (PSHE) education in England. We have designed course content around the relevant Key Stage year groups to ensure that Children have the knowledge and skills needed to be confident in their actions and to help save a life, should the need ever arise.
Designed to meet the teaching needs of all children
Search for an instructor
We’re building a national network of Instructors, so you can search for an instructor close to you:
Or get in touch with our head office team and we’ll find the nearest instructor for you: