The number of injuries and incidents of ill-health in workplaces across Great Britain is still too high, new statistics for 2018/19 show.
The statistics included the following key annual figures (2018/19)
- 4 million working people suffering from a work-related illness
- 147 workers killed at work
- 581,000 injuries occurred at work according to the Labour Force Survey
- 2 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury
- £15 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2016/17)
Read the full press release and visit the statistics web pages to see the numbers in further detail.
Download a PDF version of the stats.