1. Super Medics’ Kids Competition(s) (the “Competition”) is open to all UK residents (including residents of the Channel Islands and the Isle Of Man) aged between, and including, 7 and 11 years of age on Friday 17th April 2020 (the closing date for entries) except the children or close relatives of Super Medics Ltd employees, contractors, or any persons closely connected with the Competition. Super Medics Ltd reserves the right to request proof of age for entrants as well as parent/guardian’s consent and necessary state of health. Only one entry per person may be submitted. No joint entries will be allowed.
2. To enter the Competition entrants must:
- Design a poster to highlight the importance of first aid, including DRS ABC; or
- Create a short video (no more than 3 minutes long) to highlight the importance of first aid, including DRS ABC;
- Complete a contact details page and obtain parent / guardian permission.
3. Entry is via the entry form which can only be found at https://super-medics.com/kids-competition
4. If entrants submit more than one entry, we will judge the first entry received and disregard the others.
5. The entry must be the entrant’s own original work and not be defamatory nor breach any copyright or contain anything that could be deemed offensive.
6. All submissions must include the entrant’s: name, age, address including postcode, parent/guardian’s name and two contact telephone numbers (primary and backup) which can be filled in on the appropriate sections of the entry form. Entrants should ask their parent/guardian’s permission to enter the Competition, fill in the correct details and ensure that they have read the terms and conditions. This must be confirmed by a parent/guardian completing the tick box on the entry form. The telephone number provided must allow your parent/guardian to be contacted between Saturday 18th April 2020 – Friday 24th april 2020.
7. All entrants must enter the Competition by submitting their entry form online, using the form above.
8. Entries must be RECEIVED by no later than 12 noon on Friday 17th April 2020. Late, incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified. Super Medics Ltd cannot take any responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction, including but not limited to any affecting postal services, which may result in any entry being delayed, lost or not properly registered or recorded. Super Medics Ltd will not be able to return entries.
9. By submitting an entry for the Competition, the entrant’s parent/guardian is deemed to have given consent for the entry to be published free of charge by the Super Medics Ltd in all media, including television, print and internet, for all purposes as it wishes. Super Medics Ltd may wish to display entries containing an entrant’s name, age and town or county, in all of the above instances working in line with the Super Medic’s Child Protection Policy, to prevent identification of any entrant. Super Medics Ltd may wish to display entries containing an entrant’s name, age and town or county in a website gallery.
10. For editorial reasons, it is necessary for Super Medics Ltd to acquire ownership of all rights in the winning entry and it is a condition of entry that the winner’s parent/guardian will sign any additional documentation in order to assign all rights to Super Medics Ltd and to waive all moral rights the winner may have in the winning entry. If you have any concerns about this requirement, we would advise you not to enter.
11. All entries will be judged by members of the Super Medics management team. The top entry decided by the management team will be the winner. The judges decision is final.
12. The prizes consist of:
1st Prize: 1 x Winners
- 1 x Curiscope Virtuali-Tee – Child Large.
- 1 x Super Medics Heart Squishy
Top 30 Runner Up
- The top 30 entries that go through to the second round of judging will receive 1 x Super Medics heart squishy each.
13. The prizes will be as stated. The prizes cannot be transferred and there is no cash alternative.
14. The winner will be notified on Saturday 18th April 2020 by telephone, as per the contact details provided in their entries. In the event of the winners being unable to be contacted, after reasonable attempts have been made, or if the winner is found to be in breach of the rules or fail to take up their prize for any reason, including illness, unavailability, problems in having consent, Super Medics Ltd reserves the right to offer the prize to a top runner-up who will be ranked in order of merit but it is not obliged to do so.
15. Super Medics’ and the judges’ decision as to the winner is final. No correspondence relating to the Competition will be entered into.
16. Entrants will be expected to take part in post-Competition publicity for Super Medics Ltd.
17. Super Medics Ltd reserves the right to cancel the Competition or change any of these rules at any stage if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside of its control. Any such changes will be duly communicated. Super Medics Ltd cannot be held responsible for any unforeseen events relating to the cancellation of the Competition.
18. The parent/guardian of an applicant is required to accept these terms and conditions by way of tick box for the entry to be valid.
28. Super Medics Ltd or any other organisation associated with the Competition accepts no liability for any damage, loss, liabilities (including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damage) injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition, not being able to enter into the Competition or accepting any of the prizes. Nothing shall exclude the liability of Super Medics Ltd for (i) fraudulent misrepresentation, (ii) for death or personal injury as a result of that party’s negligence, or (iii) any other cause of action which cannot be limited or excluded under applicable law. In no event shall Super Medics Ltd or any other organisation associated with the Competition’s total liability to you for all damages, losses, or causes of action exceed the price of the relevant prize.
29. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive, remain in full force and effect.
30. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim, dispute or matter arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.